Christine F. Cillo

Aspiring Science Educator

My aspiration is to become a science educator. I began my college education at LCCC's main campus in Schnecksville, PA, in the Spring of 2014. During the fall of 2013, I brought my daughter to an open house at LCCC for her to investigate the school. While there, we met Professor John Loughman. He encouraged my daughter in her interest in pursuing a Physics degree at LCCC, and his excitement for the programs offered in the Math and Science School was infectious. Thanks to his encouragement, I also applied to the science program. I am graduating May 2016 with my Associates in Science (AS) Degree in Biology.

I love: STTNG (Fans will know what that is, non-fans will not care. P.S. most people never guess my favorite character correctly. Care to take a stab at it?), Dr. Who (Sadly, I haven't seen a single episode since Peter Capaldi joined the cast.), Star Wars, Top Gear (James May ROCKS!! Literally.), Cosmos (Both Carl Sagan and Neil de Grasse Tyson.), Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill (Again, fans will know.), and most other science related shows and movies. I celebrate National Pi Day every year by consuming several different pieces of pie. Who doesn't? 

My greater loves include: Science (obviously), math, learning, Chubby Bunny, our kids, our dogs, pecan pie, camping, hiking, jogging, grilled veggies and pineapples (especially giant Portobellas!!!),  drawing, painting, cooking (cooking-NOT baking! I can only bake one thing well. Everything else is called Cajun style, or blackened. It isn’t pretty folks!), playing the guitar and bass (and other instruments as poorly, if not more so, than those), drinking coffee, and sleeping.

Special skills/talents: I am well known for my cow-like reflexes, I can recite the alphabet backwards (Reliably up to the letter t.), I can flip an egg without breaking the yolk (Usually. Okay, sometimes.), I am famous for my pecan white chocolate chip pancakes, I am really good at untying knots, reading stories out loud with “voices” (my Dobby was spot on even before the part for Dobby was cast), and I am fairly tall. (Hey, this actually comes in handy!) 

Things I hate: Diabetes and autocorrect. I hate that ship.

Whether you think you can,

or you think you can’t

—you’re right.

- Henry Ford