Sarah Sewdass

Hello, thank you for visiting my page. My name is Sarah and I am an International student at LCCC. I am enrolled in the Natural Science-Life Science program and this is my first semester. I am from the beautiful island of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.  

Maracas Bay Lookout, Trinidad, W.I.

I have completed my Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology at the College of Science Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (COSTAATT).

Embedding tissue sections in parrafin wax for Histology Internship at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex Diagnostic Laboratory in Trinidad.

I have chosen to pursue my academic major in the field of Microbiology, not only because of my passion towards this field of science but also because of the importance of this discipline to the modern day existence of human beings. In my country, there are no educational institutions that offer a major in Microbiology. I am very fortunate to have the support and love from my Uncle and Aunt here in Pennsylvania. LCCC has offered me  endless possibilities with their " Start here, Go anywhere" motto. I believe that my time here at LCCC will prepare me academically and socially for my intended transition to Penn State University to complete my Bachelor degree in Microbiology. I will challenge and motivate myself to succesfully reach my academic and career goals.

I am committed to trying new things, I am an extrovert who enjoys outdoor activities. I love hiking, rafting, biking, swimming, kayaking and anything that allows me to experience nature's beauty.

Whitewater rafting at Jim Thorpe

Zip-lining at CBK Mountain Adventures 

Camel ride during trip to Israel                                   Floating on the Dead Sea during trip to Israel